According to a news published http://kompas.com, iPhone 5 has officially introduced at a press conference held at The Yerba Buena Center, San Francisco, U.S., on Wednesday (09/11/2012). Apple iPhone 5 comes with better features than the previous generation. the 6th generation iPhone already comes with a larger screen, thinner, and also powerful.
iPhone 5 has a 8 features the award-winning, feature include:
- Shape iPhone 5 is longer, thinner, and retina display. iPhone 5 18% thinner than the iPhone 4S. The thickness of the iPhone 5 is only 0.3 inches (7.6 mm). While the iPhone 4S has a thickness of 0.37 inches. iPhone 5 is also lighter than the iPhone 4S, which is about 112gram. His body was covered with glass and aluminum materials. iPhone 5 was longer than the previous generation iPhone. This is due to the use of a 4 inch screen with a 16:9 ratio. All applications built on the iPhone 5 has been updated to support the resolution and screen size recently. The applications on the screen of the iPhone 5 consists of 5 lines. Over the past 5 years, the first generation iPhone product line up to the iPhone 4S is always equipped with a 3.5-inch wide screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio. iPhone 5 has a screen resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels with a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch (ppi). Color saturation looks better because it uses the full sRGB rendering system.
- Processors are more powerful. As the kitchen spur, iPhone 5 armed system on chip (SoC) A6. Apple claims that the A6 processor provides graphics performance and twice the speed faster than the A5 processor in the iPhone 4S.
- Faster camera. iPhone 5 does have an iSight camera sensor the same as the iPhone 4S, which amounted to 8MP. Aperture is the same lens, f / 2. Where is the difference? Apple claims the iPhone 5 has a smaller camera, but it can capture images 40persen faster than the iPhone 4S. Apple also updated the software on the camera of the iPhone 5. There is a new panorama mode that allows users to take a bird's-eye view.
- Smaller dock connector. Apple is not using a 30-pin dock connector for the 6th generation iPhone. Apple prefers to use new connectors with fewer pin counts, ie 9 units. Apple calls this connector as "Lightning". However, Apple provides a link from the dock connector adapter 8 pin to 30 pin so that the old accessories can still be used.
- Smaller SIM Card. iPhone 5 to use nano-sized SIM card more mini than the microSIM.
- LTE. iPhone 5 is equipped with super-fast connections, LTE. Already there are several operators that provide these services. However, this feature is not yet working in Indonesia.
- Battery with a large capacity. Apple claims that the battery of the iPhone 5 can support 8 hours of 3G talk time, 8 hours of browsing with 3G, 8 hours of LTE browsing, 10 hours WiFi browsing, 10 hours for watching videos, listening to music for 40 hours, and 225 hours of standby time.
- iOS 6. iPhone 5 comes with Apple's latest mobile operating system, iOS 6. This OS comes with Apple's Maps application, Passbook, Siri is more clever, and FaceTime over the 3G network service (usually have to use a WiFi network).